Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rainbow

Amidst the hype of the solar eclipse, months of brainstorming, practice and an irritating mixture of human politics, we’ve crossed the final debate hurdle. With it all now entangled up with history, I’m exhaling a long sigh of relief.

One less pressure off.

We had a post debate dinner with Sis Siva and Sis Ju at Rice Table to thank them for all their effort. Especially Sis Siva who worked relentlessly even through weekends to tighten our speeches. In hindsight, it was also a swan song for all the debaters as we marked the end of a journey and drift back to routine.

I sincerely hope everybody starts to realize that it is very taxing for me to be pulled in multiple directions. I too, wish for a simple work-home-play routine, though I really have the impression that everyone expects too much from me for my meagre salary.

Don't expect me to have the answers for every blardy question.
Stop asking me to take on extras.

fuck off ok? Don't think I can when I can't.

Putting hostilities aside, it was nice to catch up and ventilate to Sharon Lee a while ago. Our conversations always encapsulate a river of emotions. Ever since our paths crossed 16 years ago, we’ve developed a strange connection. Though like all relationships, ours was never easy to develop.

Sometimes I have so many things to tell others but its within my nature to withdraw. Other times, I prefer silence, simply because words fail to capture or diffuse emotions. Undoubtedly, its hard for me to allow people to penetrate my inner circle.

With our differing perspectives on life, a huge physical divide between locale and separate lives, it amazes me how someone can see so much of what I try to blind myself to while in the thick of things.

I still question what I did right to deserve her.

Meanwhile, I’m hibernating at home. Nursing an acute fever probably induced by recent unpleasant events. The doctor prescribed the usual cocktail of ibuprofen and antihistamines with a dose of Augmentin (which I always skip). Haha.

I'm looking forward to the weekend trip with Gremlin and Team Ross to Batam. Hope to whack the jetski and drown. Ok, let's leave out drowning.

I hope the rain brings a rainbow.