Monday, July 27, 2009

Max Speed

The days have whizzed by like some tornado.

The annual Nurses’ Day Dinner held at the Meritus Mandarin brought the Team back (except for Shitty, whom was unfortunately left out due to a lack of Muslim placements).


the layout


flame on!

Our server was this young thing whom my table teased relentlessly. We all thought that he had this 'thing' for Summer as he shot glances at her whilst serving. The food didn't live up to it's hype, though we had their infamous Chatterbox chicken rice.

I've not had that for almost 4 years.

But as long as the meal is free, I will still most definately partake!


here chickie chickie!

I even managed to instigate the Team to cheer for my ward manager as she walked up the stage to collect her award. She beamed amidst the thunderous applause and wolf whistles.

Sis Siva then revealed that we lost the debate. Well, it’s déjà vu, isn’t it?

Some members took it quite hard. As for me, I’m ok with it since I’ve never won before. Wahaha.. and wasn’t expecting to win either. If there's 1 thing I've learnt is that politics and luck play a hefty part in the whole drama.

However, that aside, the defeat was still baffling because it was evident we were the stronger team.

Even our opponents knew that our facts beat them hands down. The speakers could not refute our stance and the final speaker threw her case away as we sapped their haughtiness away. They even cried after the debate because they knew they got slaughtered.

Nonetheless, I respect the judges’ decision. No matter how drunk or cognitively handicapped they may be.


people!

The next day saw my life kick back into hyperdrive as Team Ross + Gremlin and I headed for Batam. They managed to charter transport around the island and we covered some ground.


street stalls


Can you see all the LV, Miu Miu etc?

Shopping centres were bursting at their seams with imitation luxury goods. They were everywhere! We reckoned some bags paraded in Singapore must have to be bought from Batam too.


yes, the mimicking isn't exclusive to designer bags! hello! it's BFC!

Ross said Batam’s dusty streets were reminiscent of Singapore in the 70’s. I simply took in the sights and sounds of colourful Batam life. From the touts to the roadside stalls.

We ate at a local nasi padang little eating house recommended by the driver. Just look at how 1 man can hoist so many dishes at a go! And such a wide array of dishes to choose from!


there was so much food, the plates had to be stacked!


Rudy even tried the turtle egg


my fave has got to be A&W..!
Give me a fucking root beer float, coney dog and curly fries any day!



we left Batam as the sun set


back in Singapore's embrace

And today, I met up with Stick Insect for lunch at Chinatown with Gremlin. After which, we stocked up on toiletries and zoomed off to stuff our faces with Mac’s oily, lip smacking-msg laden seaweed shaker fries, leaving all the grit lovingly cemented to the gaps between our teeth.

A sight deadly enough to induce an outcry in oral hygienists globally.

We’re flying off tomorrow. For another adventure to add to what we’ve amassed thus far. I've packed my bags. I checked my hand carry. My clothes are ready and neatly ironed.

Every time before I fly, I can’t help but feel a pang of ache for the family I’m leaving behind. I hope they miss me too. Irritating Gremlin already has a whole list of stuff he wants me to buy.

Sigh.Nevermind, i will torture you when i return..!!