Tuesday, July 14, 2009


July has been a pretty hectic for me and I predict it will just snowball. After getting our mid year bonus, Stick Insect and I hunted down the best deal we could scour for our trip.

We dropped the idea of going to US after the fear of H1N1 swept through our shores. Then I weaseled my way out of returning to Taiwan since we had already visited Taiwan last year. So we decided on going Japan, only to see Japan also soar into pandemic levels.

After which, I tried to brainwash Stick Insect into going Korea. K is for Kim Hyun Joong. Ha haha.. But before we could finalize anything, we learnt of hostilities simmering between the North and South borders and taught it wise to temporarily avoid the area.

It seemed like disaster would befall anywhere I picked to visit. You need an emergency in your country?! Send me an air ticket! Sob sob.

Finally, Stick Insect was won over with the idea of visiting Hong Kong and I booted the initial plan of visiting Disneyland for Stick’s request for historically beautiful Macau. Woohoo.. just like the Korean version of F4.

Ride the Gondola with me Ji Hoo!!

Hell, if I wasn’t able to go Las Vegas, I will drag my limp body to its Asian alter ego!

As usual, like a demon possessed, I did all my homework and vomited our itinerary spanning a modest 5 days. I'm quite happy with how things turned out, though still a little worried over the timing and details. I’m in the final phase of my edits and I hope we get to have a blast there!

We also booked tickets for Jump! in Sept. OooOOOooOOoo.. I can’t wait to go see it!!

And I even managed to finish watching Boys Over Flowers (Korean). I looove the last episode where Jan Di bared her soul and took a gamble. Although I admit that Ji Hoo had limited expressions in the entire series, just staring at his face was sufficient.

Yes, I'm mindlessly biased.

On another note, debates have been quite tiring. Ever since we made it into the finals, we’ve been frantically dredging information from all over to add into our speeches. Sis Siva has been extremely supportive. The brain behind it all. The team always seems to be plastered in her office!

Though we had some reshuffling of speakers since the last debate, I do hope individual(s) involved can understand that there was no ill intent involved.

We’re looking forward to the Nurses’ Day Dinner and Dance later in the month. And I hope to go Batam with Gremlin + Ross + Clan before Stick and I leave for Hong Kong. I can already feel the tempo of life quickening!

PS – Stick and I got the EXSA award =)