Friday, October 12, 2007

The Apple Of Your Eye

I have my preceptor back =)

But we also have Fats with us on our shift.

Some dirt on Fats :
She always complains about her massive frame. And searches the net (uneventfully), for some miracle slimming pill that will *poof* all her adipose tissue away. I tell you, she's blardy lazy. She never goes to buy her own food. How can one ever expect to lose weight if they don't even want to walk to the source?!

She expects everyone who’s anyone, to buy it for her. Even to the extent of telling you what particular part of the chicken she wants for the chicken rice. What drink she wants you to buy. And to queue up at the teller to help her (the Queen fat ass) top up her damned prepaid card.

I draw the line at buying food. Nothing more. No way in blue hell will I ever help you to top up your freaking prepaid card. She should just get a subscribed line like normal adults.

Today, she shared with us how the ambulance medic flirts with her...! Thus, instigating her to keep her distance away from this married man. My imagination just went into overdrive as she divulged the details of the saucy deeds.

Somehow it just didn’t quite match up. However, she said it with such conviction, I found myself questioning her sanity.

For gawd’s sake woman! (Slaps forehead) Your uniform looks as though it’s tightly stretched over a durian. I can see the cellulite bumps even over the cloth. Not forgetting the spotty skin riddled with eczema. Which man in their right mind will go ga-ga over that?!

Ok, maybe I underestimate you.

Maybe he prefers alternative chubby girls with equally huge egos. Or maybe i just admire your overly inflated self esteem.

Being self delusional can sometimes lead to bliss.

Fats goes on to tell me about her illicit affair with some guy and how she will not break up with her current beau. Haiyoh, the DRAMA.

Have I acquired an Aunt Agony face?!

Good grief.

On a lighter (pun fully intended) note, Angelica danced today! She’s so cute. Leni says she’s contacted my ‘shake leg’ syndrome. Angelica vibrates her lower limbs with such ferocity; I worry about her dislocating her joints.

And yes, the Gary Saga continues.

Engulfed by the blazing heat, I went around serving my afternoon meds. As I was checking and dishing out the meds, Room 38’s relatives decided to have a short conversation with me.

Nobody bothers to read the “do not disturb” warning emblazoned on my vest.

Then I noticed someone or something standing beside me. No prizes for guessing who or what is was. Yup. It was Gary. That lame bastard must have wanted to scare me because I tend to make Gogi jump (it’s a secret skill that Kristabel has inherited).

Karma chameleon.

Too bad. It didn’t work.

He showed off a bag of apples and asked me if I wanted one.

Free? Of course!

Gary : Aiye, you want an apple?
Me : Of course!

Me : You buy apples for what?
Gary : I just wanted to see if they were crunchy.

He proceeds to hand me one.

Me : Aiye, you very kiam siap leh. One only ah?! Like that how to give Kristabel?!

Gary : Ok lah, good things should come in pairs. I give you 2.

This is perhaps the first time we’ve had a conversation at a safe, audible level.

Then I plopped down to Krissy’s side to drag her to break. Fate of all fates! We bumped into Gary. I pointed to her excitedly, asking him to grab the chance to say hi to Kristabel. That man got the idea and waved excitedly, saying, “Hi Kris.”

Our poor girl was dumbfounded and just continued to wash her hands, making Gary shout louder.

HI KRIS!

She looks at me. I look at her. And we both burst out laughing.

Beyond control.

He calls you Kris? Wah.. So close liao lor! Hahahaa.. (claps hands)

PS – Gary, if you ever get the chance to read this, Kris(tabel) ate the apple with such relish. You should have seen her contented smirk.

By the way, the freaking apple was so blardy crunchy, I wondered if I would lose my teeth. Lucky for mankind, my genes are elite (pukes), thus, I was able to win the battle over the apple too.