Thursday, September 20, 2007

REEL LIFE

I like movies because it sucks me into another world, partnered with music playing in the background, bringing emotions to a crescendo. An alternate reality, where I can witness others make mistakes and see the consequences clearly surface.

You’ll always know how the ending goes.

I can fast forward.
I can rewind.
I can mute sound.
I can brighten up.
I can dull.
I can freeze frame.

And the best thing is that the bombs don’t hurt.

I wield an insane power to switch off the damn telly, should I get sick of things. And the ability to store the images clearly in a hardisk.

Unlike my own reality, in which nothing is what it seems. And twists in the plot are abound with every movement I make. How profoundly true the saying of “events are always clearer to the uninvolved”. Sometimes I feel like slapping myself on the forehead when I do things that make it seem that I had allowed my brain to take a vacation. To mars. On a camel. And a rubber one to boot.

If I had my way, I’d like my life to mimic that of a Korean movie. The actors always have such glowing looking skin, silky hair and nice colorful clothes. Korean men in the movies are toooooooooo die for. Well, maybe not to that extent. But yeah.. some of them just looooooook gooooooood *drools*. Exactly what I like!

And even if the characters don’t look all that great, at the very least, they have an enigmatic presence which draws you to continue watching.

Juxtapose that to real life. KC To. Celluilite not celluliod babeh.

I’d like my life movie to have an earth shattering love affair like Millionaire’s First Love, minus the sad ending. And I’d pray the male lead looks like the one in Seducing Mr Perfect (Daniel Henny!!! Btw, he's the amazingly delicious creature in the pic above). I’d like to possess the spunk of the female lead in S Diary and Perfect Couple combined. I’d like to have the opportunity to travel back in time like Operation Makeover and have a dog like Hearty Paws. Throw in some occasional drama of those around me like the buddies in Cheaters. And to top that off, I’d like my own soundtrack to be a mixture of all the music I love.

In all it’s Technicolor splendor Full HD.