Thursday, July 05, 2007

Graduation - The Class of 2007

I attended my graduation ceremony on wed. Something that I had worked hard for to attain for the last three years of my life. But being there, seated beside mere strangers that did little to impact my life, made the ceremony meaningless. I wasted an hour and a half of my life listening to people i had never met before in my life, speak about how they have made this day possible.

Pui.

It was good to see classmates there – no matter how indifferent I looked. Yes, even pleasant to catch up with other lecture-mates and teachers. I shook hands with many of them. Most of whom I knew little of. They recognized me, but I could not say the same of them. Ironically, though expected, my own mentor (mr greasy hair/extreme parting), walked by without recognizing me. Wahaha.. Even the people on the stage had the routine congratulatory conversation with me. You know, those exchanges that take place to ease the spaces between each student in line. All fleeting, and none memorable.

Even the convocation gown was so heavy. And ugly..! I don’t understand how something so oversized as that can make anyone think they can look smart in it. I could have smuggled both my brother and Ross on to the stage if I wanted to. And the slutty hooks kept getting undone. Heng, I wasn’t naked underneath.

No adrenalin pumping, Kodak-moment hat toss. No hat even!
No opportunity to bitch about people’s dress sense.
We didn’t even get to sit in our class.
Just coldly lined up in alphabetical order.

I cheered for all my classmates. I was distracted my Gladys for some time after her entanglement with Kanina The Color Blind Clown, but I think I got to cheer for most. I was the lone ranger doing all the sound effects. I couldn’t be bothered about what others thought off. I was there to cheer for my classmates.

WoooOOoOooo… crowd stares. Skin thickens. Continues WooOOooo.

Before you start lamenting that I'm such a typical Singaporean (complainer), the saving grace was having my brother and Ross there to cheer for me. And how they did... They had threatened to buy party pops, crackers, whistles and embarrassing shit, so it was very unnerving. And time passed easier with the glory of communications – thank gawd for satellite communication! And yes.. it was an excuse to dig up my long buried ferragamo’s to bask in the light of day.

But I have to say this – my brother is a total retard with my cam. I actually entrusted him to snap pics for me. Some memories that I could review in my early stages of dementia and perhaps slow degeneration down a wee bit. But… But.. But… that retard took about 3 (yes, a grand total of) blardy BLURRY pics of my silhouette for goodness knows what.

Exorcist photo contest meh?!

Haiz.

Next time, they should put the students in their classes and allow them to really enjoy the process of graduation. At least to make up for the fugly looking diploma the school hands out. Not even measly gold lettering for the merit award.

Chee bye.

PAY ME BACK MY SCHOOL FEES suckers.