Sunday, October 01, 2006

My interest in debate seems to be wavering. OK, more like wilting.

Though re-learning history has helped me to expand my horizons allowing me to better analyze situations; Debate has also showed me how plastic people can be. Whilst one can seem pretty normal in a normal environment, one can or may also morph into a totally different character during debate. It's a disease i call "Acute Debateritis".

Bathed in the battles of tension, i find myself looking at debaters in an unflattering light.

Why isn't there a clear segregation between right and wrong?
Why do people slang during speeches?
Why do people contort into such evil leeches in a competition?
Why do people exercise no form of comradery?

And why do i feel increasingly disappointed?

Where does this root of disappointment stem from?

Perhaps the veil of denial can no longer hold through. And there leaves little but the wind to lift away the facade and see these people for who and what they are.

And if you ever catch me turning into something like those factory churned debaters, Far, pls.. pls kill me.