Sunday, October 01, 2006

My week has past with an unusual taper towards relationships between people, and with it, the courage (or perhaps the lack off) to react in a certain manner.

In an unthinkable fashion, i had shot off my thoughts to friends regarding my view on the abovementioned sentiment. The seed had been sown, but the yield was beyond what i could have ever expected.

1. Some people automatically assume that just becuase they like someone, the other party has to like them back. I cannot but highlight the absurdity in this premise.

Firstly, let me point out that we are not living in a storybook utopia. This is reality. Who ever said that anyone would be deemed as the ultimate Mr/Ms Popular? Liking, or maybe having a soft spot for someone doesn't translate into the other party being obligated to return the emotion. Sadly, for some reason, the other party may already have a special someone wedged into her/his heart.

An irreplaceable foothold?

A case of clashing times? Or you're just ain't her/his type?

I know of this person, who expects his relationships to be perfect. And even though he has experienced failure time after time, refuses to come to the understanding that relationships will never be that way.

For the simple logic that there is an absence of perfection in humanity.

And when faced with repeated rejection, suddenly mutates into such an uncivilized sorry state, he has to resort to immature tactics to get back at the object of his now-soured desire. Anything to vent his bruised, sorry excuse for an ego.

My question is : does it require such drastic lengths? Especially when the world is kind of small and the opportunities of bumping into each other is frequent.

********************************

2. To select a cowardly stance and sink into the fear of rejection, even before anything has been said or done, is also completely far too difficult for me to comprehend.

You see, i have a friend who has conjured enough courage to proclaim his feelings online, but chose to leave out the name of the person whom he's trying to tell, everything except the hint of a 'princess'. Leaving the reader to read between the lines.

I call it selective editing.

You see, i shared my personal views to these 2 friends of mine, though I can't say that i'm impressed by the outcome of it all.

Let me reiterate my stance on the subject. Courage.

cour·age (kûrj, kr-) noun
The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.

The courage to express what you really feel.
The courage to face rejection.
And the courage to move on.

What is life when one lacks the courage to walk through the process of learning? Translating into simply, time shamelessly wasted. And to live with a lifetime wondering about the wasted chances?

The what-could-have-beens. The what-ifs. Closing off avenues of any possibilities.
Endless possibilities.

And though i am fully aware of the consequences that may follow the course of my actions, it is afterall, my own. My singular interpretation of the matter. And my life is not theirs.

-< Courage >-
the courage to see life as it really is .........
and face the reality that follows

Note:
This entry echoes my personal outlook on matters. Readers are advised to apply discretion.
I love my friends. Even though i may always agree with them