Friday, June 09, 2006


I continue to hate this particular posting. Far too much drama. Drama Mama, can you just take a hike? Some people in the ward continue to have heavy, free flow menses. Yes, the hormones are in overdrive. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it.

Today was Prof Phua's first day in central - (he was booted from B2) the CIs decided to give him a change of environment after yesterday's crying session. And already, some staff have commented that they presume he has trisomy 21 (Down's syndrome). Wah.. you see, there ARE people bitchier then me.

I pity him though. He enters most places with a bad reputation. And that's really hard to change. Like a shadow, clinging to him everywhere he goes. I won't say that he doesn't deserve it. He's seriously lazy and MIAs all the time. However, with some of the treatment being hollered at him, it can be off-putting at times.

He doesn't help others. Always hiding in his room and works like a magician - he disappears. And when he tries, he fumbles and makes things worse. I hope he bucks up, else he may fail his current posting. But failing may be a good thing. It's not safe to have a RN like him around. Believe me, with the seive already having holes large enough to pass out people like the dental hygiene-less woman in B2, the snooty over-acting bitch in 45 among others, nursing in singapore is bad enough.

The sisters are equally blind to the level of care and amount of work the (some) students put in. We slog long, hard hours in the wards. We clean. We wipe. We clear. We get ordered around. Basically, finishing the jobs that no one else wants to do very much. In the end, what do we get? Snide remarks like "the students are all hanging around doing nothing" or "look at them. the students are so free". Would you like me to dig your ass, sister? Or would you prefer to get laid (doggie style or anal, up to you) and come to work happy for a change?!

Don't take your menopause/lack of sex/out-of-shape-body/overgrown axillary hair/balding and/or receeding hairline etc etc etc out on me.

I'm proud of my partner in my room. Kamalia's a hard worker and shows a lot of concern to the wellbeing of the patients. You go girl..!!

My heart sank when a patient confided in me that she felt like attempting suicide. She verbalized a lack of finances and being a burden to not only her family, but also to the nurses in the ward. She'd hold her pee for fear of troubling us (she uses the bedpan). She even cited a few ways to carry out her plan. We (me and kamalia) of course, alerted the RN i/c. Suicide is no joking matter. I tried to console her. Although, i don't know if what i did was actually enough.

I'm glad she felt comfortable enough to share her feelings with me though... but i wouldn't like to hear that ever again. However, reality thinks otherwise. A lot of people contemplate suicide. And, at a point where we think we are at our lowest, death may seem the best (or easiest) option. Some say it's a cowards' way out. But have you ever thought of the amount of courage it takes to jump of a building? Some say it's an attention seeking behaviour. Have you ever considered the importance of social support? And others think they do not deserve life. But can they underestimate all the pain the person is going through?

I presume it's never as easy as it's made out to be.

Death by desperation is as mentally torturing as any physical illness - cherlosophy 2006

And there are countless manifestations that go un-noticed, or are simply brushed aside. Some lives, are fortunately, saved. While others, are lost. I guess the first step to making a difference is by being a listening ear? Cause it sure as hell feels a hell lot better when i complain relentlessly to someone. Look at Ross and Sharon Lee. Their ears are practically stuffed with wax because of all my complaining. Wahaha.. and i have Rick to boss around and quarrel with..

I'm lucky. Others may not be as so.

Help make a difference. Please. You may save a life - so listen to Prof Phua once in a while. And cut him some slack.