Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Digital Phobia

I consider it a compliment when someone tells me that I look “young”. This word, I use unadulterated from the horse’s mouth.

But it gets really tiring and lame when they say it with so much shock and do a massive up-down eyeball, complete with a gaping mouth. I mean, I don’t look much younger then my actual age. I look like an adult.

And I possess the vision to see that your reaction is clearly not in proportion to the situation.

It’s as if I have a third breast hanging out of my nose, nipples for eyes and perhaps you might like to throw in 2 vaginas coiled around my neck.

You so old meh?!! Cannot tell leh…!! I thought you same age as me one lor!!

Yawns.

Tell me something new.

What’s the big deal if I happen to look young? How does my appearance affect your life? Does my age make me less likely to be your friend?

I’m really curious to know how people expect me to dress. They still laugh when I wear berms. I mean, am I supposed to wear mid calf white panty hose or some frumpy dress?

Really wanna laugh.

Age, is just a digit to state the length of time you’ve spent out from your mother’s womb. In no way does it reflect your worth, honor, intellect or the impact that you have made in this lifetime.

If you feel that only mixing with people of similar ages can foster meaningful relationships, than I’m afraid you are missing out on a whole load of possibilities. Because each person has every opportunity to impart something special into your life.

And like my taste in music, I like the variations in my list of friends.