Thursday, December 29, 2011

Carbo Craze

I've always had an unhealthy infatuation with all things potatoes ever since my childhood. Especially with Calbee potato chips! It's cheap, crisp and flavorful.

On occassion, I ddo treat myself to deli style chips like Red Rock Deli or Kettle chips but Calbee just knocks the competitor's socks with it's rocking level of comfort. I can go on and on about my love affair with Calbee!

And guess what, Watson's has brought in the same flavor and packaging of Calbee potato chips from my childhood!!! No, I'm not talking about expired food or miniature display items.

It's the Hong Kong version of Calbee's famed 'Hot & Spicy' and 'BBQ' flavors! I remember munching on the same packs of chips at the playground, where I would so stupidly bury my coins in the sandpit for 'safekeeping'. Of course, I never saw my money again but my pea brain would not comprehend that fact. Fortunately for me, there are other wildly stupid children in my neighbourhood so once in a while, I would chance upon somebody else's loot. Harhar.

Our local version just doesn't do justice to the original BBQ flavor. Bursting with a savoury meaty taste with a tinge of tartness! I LOVE IT...!! I almost slipped into depression when the local version decided to 'revamp' the original flavor. Cause our current flavor SUCKS!

However, our local hot & spicy is superb! It's spicier and loaded with hair dropping MSG, salt and flavor.

Just the way I like it...

Together with my obsession with fat canned Pringles, it's obvious this new year is really beginning to heat up, real good. And just so you should know, the thin canned Pringles taste like shit.

I'm a fat canned girl.

And if you don't know what I'm rambling about, you will never begin to understand my obsessive complusion.



And here's a peek at my scheduler for 2012... The first few months are already chock full of entries :D