Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Surprise Surprise

Today, we went for lunch at Hokkaido Ramen over in Ion Orchard where we met Zoe Tay with her son and maid. She’s really slim and pretty in real life! Then we went for a drink at MOS Burger before accompanying her to Clarke Quay to get something from her sister.

What a conspiracy lor!

She actually masterminded a surprise birthday celebration for me. Hahaha.. That’s twice in a row! In cahoots with F3 + Leni + Von + YC + Farha + Mardi, Stick Insect lured me to Clarke Quay, wanting to give me a ride on the reverse bungee. I really didn’t suspect anything at first because we had planned to go Holland for dinner but I knew something was viciously off when I saw Mokie at Central.

Where got so qiao?! Hmmmmm…*rubs chin*

It dawned on me that history had repeated itself! Hahaha.. Thank you guys!! They brought a cake and celebrated Stick Insect’s birthday simultaneously because hers would fall on National Day.

Since I had eaten, I declined the offer because I would have brought the Singapore emblem to Gmax (read : Merlion).

Instead, I totally enjoyed watching the other guinea pigs suffer as the flipped and turned on the metal contraption. There was such a stark difference between the screaming trio of (Group 1) farha + YC + mardi and (Group 2) Mokie + Von.

The 1st group screamed like banshees as they were catapulted up into the air. They mouthed loads of their hair as the bungee flipped and twisted. Mardi looked as though she was in labor. Wahahha… And even when the bungee neared its end, they were still screaming!!

It was hilarious to watch!

Mokie + Von, on the other hand, remained silent as though someone had muted the volume. So strange! They were like robots! Silent robots. Minimal expression and zero noise!!!

We then headed to find a café for dinner but Minds and whatever was closed on Mondays so we went to Timbre over at Boat Quay where we spent the evening bitching. And Mokie, the ever avid photographer made us camwhore for laughs. My silly pics are probably circulating the web as we speak. Hahaha...

Birthdays are meant to be celebrated by people whom you love and love you =) I spent Sunday with family and Monday with my BFF + pals. It’s the people who care that matters the most.

Thank you again people!