Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Hello, Anybody Home?

Yesterday afternoon, I attended the EXSA course at YWCA. This blardy award had my ward manager jumping mad. Allow me to clarify matters.

She had called and texted me on my handphone. I called back the ward but nobody knew a thing so I called back a little later. After 3 tries of trying to catch a hold of her, she blasted me and asked why I didn’t call her cell instead.

Why didn't you leave a message?! Is this course supposed to be a secret?!

I mean, if you’d called me from the ward, I’d just find you back in the ward. Then I found out that she had called Stick Insect’s DAD because she didn’t answer her phone. Get this – Just to find me. Good grief.

Woman, what is the matter with you?!

Does that mean she will call my (dead) father if I don’t answer my cell the next time looking for Stick Insect? Wahahhaa… my goodness.

Anyway, the course comprised of the usual mandatory humiliating moments with involuntary games and introductions. There was this super soft guy from another department inside who was peculiarly slapstick.

Conflicting with his beefcake bod and GI Joe hair, he whined girlishly about the warm weather over his phone as he feverishly fanned himself. He was indeed the magnet of attention for all present.

In the evening, I met up Crescentia, a good friend I’ve had since my secondary school days. It’s been a while since we last met up but that sweet girl still remembered my birthday and brought me to Vivo where we had a buffet steamboat just behind Daiso.

We could see the entrance of Sentosa from the restaurant. Though we were definitely more interested in the seafood spread on our table! We gorged our faces like old times and starting off awkwardly, we kicked the gears into motion and shared about the times we’ve spent apart.

And today, my ward supervisor texted me to call my ward manager URGENTLY (forever). She informed me that I needed to complete some forms for a HMDP sponsored course.

Or maybe they're using the HMDP fund for my adv dip?

Nevermind, I like free courses. Especially if I get to sleep =)