Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mis(s)Fortune

I’ve been plagued by a bout of mother f*cking suay-ness recently. Pardon the excessive use of expletives, but my temper hasn't been really great. Everything from home, friends and work’s been clouded by an unshakable layer of misfortune.

It’s like I’ve become a magnet for all things bad.

Everything that I come into contact with gets sucked through an invisible sieve, leaving only adversity behind for me.

Everyone is advised to avoid me. I'm not in the mood to entertain more effing drama. I'm soaked up to my eyeballs in shit here.

I can't remember smiling in a looong while. Everything's just been bleddy sickening. People just piss me off for the slightest thing. Sometimes even for no rhyme or reason, I just feel bubbling with frustration.

Initially, I had hoped to wipe this slate clean by having a holiday. You know, the age old saying of “chong xi” or “to wash with happiness”. However, the misfortune persisted despite my best efforts.

Perhaps it bred and spawned.

Recurrent slews of calamity. Hiss… Over and over again.

If misfortune ever could take on a physical form, I would like to bitch-slap it and give it a taste of its own medicine. *shakes fist*

At the moment, I’m wrecked.

Exhausted.

It's taking quite a toll on me, leaving me just drained and weary. However, my life is quite private and these snippets should be edited out from public scrutiny.

Why wash dirty linen in public? I'll dry clean in private.

Though just because I keep up appearances doesn’t mean I’m always fucking euphoric.

It means I’m dealing with it my own way.

Ross forced me out the house today, insisting it would serve no purpose to mope around the house or continue to wallow in self pity. It was near 8pm when I dragged my deshrivelled self to IMM where I pigged out on super oil soaked LJS, accelerating my path towards coronary failure. Hurray.


The view from the 6th floor open carpark.
A breathtaking reminder that life IS beautiful.

He gave me a rose to cheer me up. Well, it was a stalk from a bunch he had bought for himself lah; nothing specific for me, though the gesture was nice. Appreciated.

Patrick and I also hunted down the capsule machines where he got some cars. Incidentally, he also gave me 50 cents even though I had been really evil to him for the past 2 days.

Maybe one day you'll realize the kindness behind my cruelty.

I chose the Hello Kitty LCD cleaner charm at $1/pc. The set has 8 different designs. Perhaps I should make collecting the whole set my motivation to scrape through each day since I've finished reading all 4 books from the Twilight Saga. Hah.

I will re-read each book soon.


complete with a rainbow. perhaps an omen for happier times?

We also managed to use up the last of my JCI vouchers at Giant; which was as usual, brimming with people. Better to use it fast then let it rot and expire like so many other vouchers that have graced my embrace right? Got a juicer and a steamer. Very healthy eh?

Cheebye. Hai, I just just needed to swear.

The time out did cheer me up a little.
I know I’ll be ok. I always pull through.

One way or the other.