Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Catch(up)

Ismail (our resident hyper bunny) had been nagging us to meet up outside the confines of the ward for a big ol’ makan session for the longest time. Finally, after a grueling reshuffling off request rosters and planning, we managed to meet up.

Su, Von, Mokie, Kris and I met up earlier in the day for a movie. We ended up watching Hellboy2, despite no one catching the previous installment in the series. Nonetheless, the amazing cinematography and fast paced storyline proved a sure winner for me.

I loved the fact that all the characters were not your run-of-the-mill hunks or babes with cleavage spilling out of all-too-tight rubber suits. Still, they managed to kiss ass and get down to business. And the tinge of love sprinkled in between added a touching reminder that love can make us do extraordinary acts of courage.

Does it matter if the world loves you? Or am I enough?

At 5pm, we met up with Ismail and Yan Chew. And were joined by Asyik and his friend Ruby a while later. His friend is really super duper quiet. It took quite a feat to pry monosyllabic answers from her, though I think Ismail managed to do quite a good job breaking the ice.

We had to hang around until the buffet was scheduled to start. My gastric acid wrecked havoc in my stomach, angrily splashing around, tormenting me to feed it.

Where the hell is my food?!

At 6pm, we ran to Sakura. Snoopy joined us there.

It was wonderful to have a complete F4. That little one is on night duty again! Yet she still took the effort to come down for our gathering.

I love that woman!

And so began our love affair with everything edible on the service table. We piled our plates with food and dashed from station to station. Plopping our butts down only when our arms ached from the weight of the dishes and proved too much to bear.

Hungry ghosts!

Zul came a while later. He was his usual self, anorexic and all smiles. And he ate like a rabbit, nibbling on a little bit of this and a little bit of that.


There was a fair bit of variety at that outlet, and the place filled up quite quickly. If you want to try the buffet ($27.80 inclusive of surcharges), I would advise you to go once it opens at 6pm. It’s a cozy place to eat with plenty of hardworking wait staff to get your orders to you. I’ve had better food for that price though. Overall, it scores a 6+1/10.

I added a bonus mark because I had a really good time with my friends there. It was good to catch up with old friends and strengthen new bonds.


By the way, here's a look at the cake Leni bought for us for our promotion celebration the other day..!!