Saturday, October 06, 2007

Us, F4

My AL week! A glorious, whole 9 days of paid leave will soon crash to a sad, tragic end. Like a flower in bloom, alas, such beauty can only be fleeting.

Soon, Monday will overtake, and I will be forced to whisk myself back to the wards to work again. Do I really mind?

Not in the least bit.

Monday will only be a day away from Sharon Lee's return =)

Ross says that I was hibernating like a bear most of the week. Sleeping only at unearthly hours and waking near sunset. I watched DVDs until i felt my cornea sting. A definate hint that it was sufficient for the day.

I tried to limit my outings to the evenings to avoid the ridiculously oven-like weather. But, F4 are daylight folks. So I had to sweat it out for them. Heeheee…

On our first outing, we extended the invitation to the other ward mates. A kind of get-together session to help build bonds between colleagues, in hopes of closer ties that will reduce the back biting and bitching among ourselves. We decided to eat at Sakae Sushi, Marina Square. And yes, as usual, I ate as though I was possessed. We also headed down to the Esplanade to catch up on the latest gossips.

We also queued (10 min) for donuts at Donut Factory. It was my virgin try. On the whole, the donuts were nice, but i seriously would not queue 1-2hrs just for that. When I brought the donuts back home, my brother snapped it up like a ravenous crocodile. 1-2-and its gone! He loved them.

For the 2nd session, it was a private session, exclusive to only the F4 members. So we went to Chinatown because it would be most convenient for Snoopy. So while waiting for her to get off work, F4 minus 1, roamed Chinatown. Whiling our time away by hunting for… yes.. you’ve guessed right!

FOOD!

We had really good mango and pomelo dessert at the shop opposite Mac. At $3.50 a pop, it’s quite exp. But.. yes, it was worth it. Mokie had the peanut dessert. That was good too. Overall, with the air-con and great snacks, they can be sure I’ll return!

When Snoopy arrived, we went to Smith St for more makan. This time round, we loaded ourselves with char kuay teow, BBQ stingray, sambal kang kong, Da Dong’s famous har gao and Ah Balling!!!

Yuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmo..!!

After that potentially gastric rupturing meal, we went to escape the heat in a nearby Mac. We laughed so loud it made the people there evil eyeball us. Hehheheheee…

Yes. I think know I love us, F4.

They make me want to run back to work =)