Friday, October 05, 2007

Hurry Home Babe

Sharon Lee’s coming back on the 8th. Incidentally, that’s the same day I have to start work. I’ve already started the countdown. I’m rubbing my hands in anticipation to all the presents she’ll return with.

Our relationship’s a bizarre concoction of chemistry and personality traits.

You’ll be surprised to know how sturdy a friendship we’ve built over time. Thus far, our friendship has spanned a strong 14 years. And what those years have brought! Eroding barriers between us, making it possible to exchange sincere views with tart frankness.

I remember her being at every milestone in my life.

We have our fair share of conflicts. At times, I think she’s blardy rude. Sometimes, she’s childish. Sometimes, she’s open and all wise (like Yoda). And sometimes, the tables are reversed. Still, she’s there as an anchor for all my drama, gently pulling (or yanking) me back to reality when the need arises.

For some people, they may never get the opportunity to find such a friend.

Unfortunately, this time round, her visit is related to more somber news. Her granny is sick. So her return was planned at the last minute. She’s not returning with Barji. He’s out stationed in Serbia for 3 weeks, then off to Pittsburg again; translating into the lovers being separated for quite some time. I do hope he gets time some time off after she goes back to Texas.

I want to see her happy.

It’s a nice consolation for my absence.