Thursday, September 27, 2007

I’ll break today’s entry into 3 parts.

Part A -
Today, I had a patient that had a petite mal seizure. While walking him back to bed, he suddenly became unresponsive and his eyeballs started to roll upwards. I managed to lift the heavy dude back to bed with the help of another colleague. After checking all his vital stats, it revealed that he had desaturated and a plunging BP (blood pressure) and HR (heart rate).

Then, I went to inform the doctor to review him. The sexy new Medical Officer reached within minutes. I did the ECG and CE as ordered, while she took the ABG and did the other blood investigations.

By the way, she also revealed her bra with part of her boobies and most part of her lower limbs, with the mini dress and plunging neckline combo. Heng she's quite pretty, so it wasn’t torturous. Imagine if she had cellulite ridden legs or stretch mark boobies. Yeeeeew.

No wonder my patient couldn’t breathe. Wahahhaa..

And the patient was ordered to be transferred to the main building for closer observation. My ward is like that. Being situated in ‘kusu island’, we don’t have the luxury of having a station doctor and it makes it very inconvenient for doctors to come over in time in cases that warrant immediate attention.

We managed to find a bed for the patient in time. But the ward later called back to say that they would not be able to take my patient in as the clerk had already assigned the bed to another patient. My ward sister was pissed and called the clerk to fuck her, and snatch back the bed.

So, for a good part of the morning, I ended up stuck in the room with the seizure guy, then shifted my butt to the nursing station to finish the rest of my changes (work).

When I asked the other doctor to review the need for another patient’s intake/output chart, he dissed me, saying, “It’s over you know. I've already seen the patient. Now is not a good time to ask me. You should have asked me just now.”

FUCKER.

How to ask you when I was in the midst of fluid challenging/taking ECG/cleaning up the shit of the seizure guy?!

And he continued to drone on and on. My patience wore so thin, I could feel it scraping at my bones. Unable to contain myself any longer, I snapped back, ‘Ok! OK! THANK YOU VERY MUCH.” My sour face could have made lemons blush.

He got the message.

If he has menses, and such heavy flow, he should have got a pad.

PS – good thing I finished all my work in time as i had so much help from Phyu2. At least i found time to talk with my patients.

Part B -
In the later part of the day, we were all called to congregate for a teaching lesson by Maggie Mee.

A little background of Maggie Mee.. She’s a staff nurse with type A personality. For the uninitiated, that translates into – kan cheong spider complex. Working with her may induce palpitations in her co-workers.

She presented the case, quite poorly, being unable to focus on key aspects of care. This loophole was torn to shreds by some other staff whom deemed it absolutely necessary to take it upon themselves to humiliate her.

Especially the bitch with the chao lao bin (aged face) and pseudo mickey mouse voice. That mickey mouse vocal cords must have come from a corrupt factory in china cause it’s just too damn disgusting for words.

It really wasn’t the amount of questions they threw at her that made me sick to the deepest, darkest, recesses of whatever orifices I possess, but the manner in which they chose to dispense it.

Disgusting.

Low.

Cheap.

Chee Bye.

They all think that they know everything.

My foot.

And even if they did, that was still no reason for such uncivilized behavior. I couldn’t take the drama so I had to walk out because I knew the vulgarities would soon erupt.

I believe no one in my ward has ever witnessed my outbursts. Yet.

If they did that to me, I swear I would have probably lunged at them. Scratched their faces, dug out their eyeballs and ate their hearts. Ok, I exaggerate. More likely, I would have fucked them there and there and instigated a fight.

You want a piece of me?!

Goodness. I’m just so pissed. Angry at the way they chose to treat their colleague.

And angrier at myself, for not standing up for the one being bombed.

Part 3 –
The Gary Saga Continues

I think Gary has some serious hearing deficits. Or at least super bad otitis media (middle ear infection). He seems to be shouting at me all the time.

He was at the adjacent end of the ward when he started to ask me what was my friend’s name. Here is a summary of our conversation.

Gary : What is your friend’s name ah?!
Me : Kristabel!
Gary : What?!
Me : Kristabel!
Gary : What?!
Me : Kriiiiiiiiiiiiiistaaaaaaaaaaaabeeeeeeeel!
Gary : What?!
Me : Kriiiiiiiiiiiiiistaaaaaaaaaaaabeeeeeeeel!
Gary : Aiyo.. why the name so long wan?!
Me : Stylo mah! Stylo name for stylo girl!

Luckily I don’t get the chance to talk to him that much. Else I think my vocal cords would be worn off, and my ears, deaf.

PS – Kristabel, beware… I have Gary’s number ok.