Tuesday, November 28, 2006

REFLECTIONS of (no) passion

Ever felt like you questions your motives?
Ever felt lost in a jungle of pubic hair?
Ever felt so low you just feel sick to your stomach?
Ever felt like so though you're blind even with your eyes wide open?

That time is now.

It is seriously tough being a nurse. More so if that one nurse is constantly being degraded by fellow nurses. Or when that nurse feels like she's being stuck in a rut.

Dig a shallow grave and poor some shit in.

And being a nurse only by default makes it even harder to stay in this profession. I do love the bonds i've fostered with people with all walks of life. But to think that i'm shackled to a particular institution, or for the very fact, that it's not the general public, not the doctors, not the patients but our fellow nurses that despises us, makes me feel like throwing up.

True, i've witnessed and highlighted many encounters with nurses in my blog, ranging from pure stupidity to pure joy. But nothing shatters the confidence and pride in nursing more then witnessing the outpour of extreme PMS from one nurse to another.

To err is human, to forgive is divine.

Some one uttered that i'm one to prioritize my work environment above all else. And on certain aspects, that is true.

Allow me to explain.

Workplace politics really suck. I'm not very bothered by other peoples' background and private life. Thus, i don't see much of a need to ask my friends very much about what their parents do for a living, whether they're rich or poor and all the other shit. At most, i ask them what their siblings names are, and where they stay.

I view people as they are. No past, no future, everything in present tense.

And if i like you, i like you. And if i don't, i basically leave you alone.

Especially in the work setting, no matter how i may not like a person, i believe the office (or workplace) has a code of decorum that everyone understands.

No screaming.
No foul language intended to belittle.
Basically respect.
With the main goal of getting the work done.

I don't need the pretense of acting all chummy bunny.
I don't hanker after the praise and glory.

But i do need a little recognition of doing something good when it's due.

I don't feel like continuing.

I'm sick of being surrounded by PMS-sy nurses who act as though they're 100k per annum expatriates anymore.
















I don't feel like being a nurse anymore.