Sunday, November 12, 2006

Expressive Aphasia

Some things are better plain and simple. Like language, complexity tends to distort the real meaning that one may be actually trying to put across.

Though it's not wrong for individuals to choose to pepper their conversation with pompous words (some out of habit, whereas others are related to their education level), the importance lies in whether the real meaning is getting through to the other party.

However, i prefer language in its simplest form.

To me, i view language as a basic form of communication, even though i have a recurrent, diseased state of incurable verbal diarrhea. Sometimes, i get carried away and allow my tongue to overide the analytical processes of my brain, ending in hurtful spats with people that mean a lot to me.

You see, like the cliche, words can hurt far worst then the deadliest wounds. Likewise, words have the power to move even the most hardened of individuals.

Language doesn't end nor start at conversation. It invloves the written, verbal word and weaves in body language.

That's why i like to read. Especially stories of fun, imaginery lands, thought provoking subjects and lives that seem to defy all odds. Emotions punctuate literally through the pages. Every turn of the page releases grief, joy, anger... such passion for life.

More often then not, people choose to repress their emotions. Preferring to drop hints instead. For one, i can't (or don't really bother to) read hints. A sideway glance, a passing remark, all seem like normal, everyday activities to me. My blunt nature makes me a poor translater, for the simple fact that i believe, one should possess the courage to say what they mean out loud, else choose to live with the option of burying what they mean, forever. Then again, Fara has reiterated the fact that some outpouring of emotion brings far more intense consequences then others.

Most people read my emotions loud and clear on my face. When i'm happy, i wear a grin stretched over my face. When i'm pissed, you can practically smell the pee. My mouth looks like i'm sucking on a ton of sour plums. When i'm sad, nothing holds back my tears. You get the idea.

And yet, as clear as my emotions go, most people will still never know me on a deeper level. Simply because some doors are better closed.

The choice of bringing some things to the grave.