Monday, October 16, 2006


I'm supposed to be studying. Trying to make the most out of whatever little time I have left to cram in all the theoretical components of what the semester has bestowed. Instead, I'm more like an actress now.

I'm only acting as though I'm studying.

The world continues to revolve.

I drape myself over the chair in the library. My head hangs over the books. My eyes furiously trying to comprehend the words that skip, hop and dance - mocking me as I try to chase after them.

Apathy envelopes.

I glance up and try to shake away all the madness.

People come and people go. Moving along with frenzied pace. It's as if they're heading towards the same unsaid destination.

Someone tell me where is mine.

The world continues to revolve.

For a large part of the student body, it's the 1st day of their 2nd semester. And their fresh faced, virginal enthusiasm exposing their youth. It's not a bad thing though. I've been there before. Believing I had the power to change any shit just as long as I was determined enough.

Just not so much now.

Lionel talks about friendships and his dreams in his blog.

Moonie writes of sending her aunt off.

Fara updates us with a summary of an outing we had the other day.

And Zul, he continues to explore the option of confessing his feelings towards this girl he likes. Even though it's largely known just who this protagonist actually is.

The world continues to revolve.

Everyone tangled in their own personal drama.

At this time, I realize that I'm not going anywhere just by pointing my face to my open lecture notes. My mind is in an unknown whirl with a magnitude of confusion.

I wonder why.

There's so much that needs to be done. Yet so little time left. As reality starts to burn it's way into my mind - like a farmer searing the hot iron onto the body of a lamb.

An absence of a physical scar does not mean there is an absence of pain.

I feel an emotional callousness seep in.
Pulsating deep through the veins carrying the life blood within me.

And the world continues to revolve.

Someone tell the world to stop.

Someone left me behind.