Tuesday, July 18, 2006

UN-hoarding

Its time to make a change. I've been collecting far too much junk over time. They say hoarding is related to a psychological disorder, whereby the person accumulates too much to fill a void in their life.

To date,
I have as many as 250 tees but still nothing to wear.
Approximately 30 bottoms but my butt seems plastered to my levis.
A trunkful of bags, but still i carry the same lame crumpler.
More then 40 pairs of shoes but still my feet wiggle (ever so happily) in the same pair of birkies.
I have books that pile so high, they double up as a wall.
Many left unread, the plastic wrapper intact,
as fresh as the day i bought them.
My school texts, well, they're worse.
Briefly de-virginized then left to rot.

My CDs are shouting to my played.
My DVDs are crying out to be watched.
And my toys, well, they just stare longingly at me as i pass by them everyday.

At this rate, my largest collection will be that of dust and neglect.

Good gawd help me.

It's time to make a change and heave the whole lot out.
Save the shoes, the bags and the tech stuff... ever so selectively.

So pray tell if you need some stuff.
Else it's off to the charities they'll go.
It's goodbye to most of my stuff (hopefully).

So i can see the back of my cupboard again...
and maybe break out of my iron-clad mould soon?