Sunday, April 23, 2006

RAINBOWS

I enjoy reading my friends' blogs as much they enjoy stalking mine =)

I'm a perpetual character they write about (they can't help it - i'm an icon). Seriously, my friends have grown on me. Like fungus on a piece of rotting wood. They're everywhere in my life. Though some are much younger, some possess a maturity beyond their numerical years. And their infectious, cheerful nature, is simply heartwarming- it's always a good thing to start the day with a smile. However, Sharon Lee still carries a hefty claim on my happiness =)

I am aware that each face carries a different story. And some leave a deep imprint on another's life. Some smiles carry a burden of sadness, and some smiles bring forth such a light. We all fight our own private battles. Where one may prefer to voice it out loud, another may choose to surpress the pain. But the fact is, our lives impact all around us.

It's like the book - The 5 people you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom. Being an emotional drama queen, i naturally teared while ploughing through the pages. I am sticking to my story: the pages were laced with dust.

The simple story tells of the journey of a man's soul to heaven with flashbacks into his life. A touching story of hidden hurts and the triumphant victory of humanity. Where situations, relationships, may not be as they seem, where the love the lead feels for his deceased wife remains as intense as the day he married her, and maybe even more.

Many aspects of the story can relate to the events that all of us go through. And the selflessness that can bring out the best in every single one of us.

I can safely say that i'm happily content (still). I hope i always will. I nearly gave up everything. So close. So close. I'm glad i didn't.

Life just stumbles into perspective when you make a conscious effort to be happy and appreciate the simple things. Though I am still known to like the occassional splurge of prada(s)... wahaha.. but that's another story for another time.

'The horizon looked bleak
because although i had my eyes opened
my heart was closed'