Monday, March 27, 2006


ME & THE MOON MAN

I was supposed to be revising for my exams, which is less than 4 days away. Again, the key word here is SUPPOSED. And again, my procrastinating nature is in hyperdrive. What better way to relax, then to blog and have gentle music playing in the background? But wait.. i have to first EARN my reward. SHIT.

And my day just flew past; with channel surfing and gorging on tidbits. I'm stressed i tell you. It's just that i deal with it so poorly, i look nonchalent.

I chanced upon a programme on the discovery channel entitled 'I shouldn't be alive'. It simply blew me away. This particular episode showcased a (super)man, by the name of Chris Moon. It showed him sprawled on the plains with his lower limb blown off while clearing landmines . And to top that off, he is one of the few people who have ever survived capture from the Khmer Rouge, deep in the jungle of Cambodia 2 years prior to his accident. It portrayed his courage and determination to stay alive. His story moved me to tears. And left a deep ache within.

(You can read more of Chris's story here : http://217.36.60.41:591/moonsite/FMPro?-db=1830_0407_1964_moon.fp5&-lay=main&-format=index_two.htm&record_no=1&-FIND)

I started to think - will my life have a chance to be as moving? Can i ever be as brave?

And ashamed, i really don't know if i ever can. With my double standards of living life to the fullest, and pushing things off to the last minute, how could i ever steer my life to where i want it to go? What have i done to really be proud of? Have i really given my best? The apparent answer is a resounding NO.

Ultimately, i'd like to learn as much i can and shine in my career (evac unit!!!). It's the journey of it all that sometimes seem so unnerving that instead of moving forwards, i tend to take 2 steps back.

Though it's always good to have dreams and envision my future, i have to constantly remind myself - it's every minute of hard work, discipline and determination that will snowball into reality. As they say, TALK IS CHEAP.

And harvests only come with hard work.

In all truth, my life's in God's dear hands. But with it, comes the empowerment of personal choice. And now, i think it's time for me to go ram my nose into my books (and dream of holding dear ol' Chris Moon's hands in awe).
So go on.. take your own little step towards greatness
for shame only comes when you withhold what you are truly capable of
Fade out...............