Saturday, February 05, 2011

New Old Times

The lunar New Year demarcates the time for families to come together. My family had a rolling good time with the quintessential steamboat dinner, loaded with hot gossip. We also managed to scoot off to Batam for some R&R in Jan. The pig-shit cheap deal from deals.com.sg included ferry tickets, board, meals and even a city tour.

Basket worth it!!

We tucked into a seafood lunch and visited some shopping centers where Emms went wild. I raided Baskin Robbins and A&W..! woohoo..!

Gimme those curly fries!

I even managed to snag a few bargains myself (grins). But I guess its being close to family that matters the most.

Hearts.

Likewise, my best friend heeded the call of her Asian parentage and hurried home for the celebrations. It’s always a blessing to see her back home. Though fleeting, we celebrated our 18th year of friendship this time round. That’s more then half our lives! And how cliché it is to exclaim how fast time flies! But it’s so true!

We ploughed Singapore for great makan places and ate our way through most days, catching up on gossip and I soaked up how great it was to have her back. Nothing escapes her because I’m such an open book with her.

No secrets because there are no expectations.

This year, I also sold off my Schroeder Singapore Trusts which saw me incurring a 40% dip during the financial crisis. Thankfully, with the Government’s continuous aid, my stocks did recover and I managed to get back the principle sum invested together with a nominal interest. Ross urged me to invest in Gold but I remain the ‘once-bitten-twice-shy’ skeptic investor. Haahaaha.. I will not elaborate on the lengths this man has gone to source out his Canadian Maples, PAMPs or Credit Suisse.

But I assure you, I want to be a Taxi driver too.

I'll leave you with a super rocking mashup by uber talented DJ Masa...!! Love this track!!