Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Just when I feel shit jaded, God sends rainbows n butterflies. Heehee..

Despite the gloomy skies, which coincidentally is my favourite type of climate, things were surprisingly rosy.

Even the ward was behaving today. Staffing was adequate and despite 3admissions, 1transfusion and a couple of nasty people to deal with, workflow was smooth and patients were extraordinarily loving. So much so, I even had time to draft my entry during break! Heehee..

Dinner at housemen canteen also sprang forth fireworks and rose petals.

The folks from the drinks stall, fruit stall and mixed rice were so friendly. Although I seldom patronize the fruit stall, the owner often talks to me. Today, seeing the drizzle, he offered me his umbrella after some light banter.

The lady at the mixed rice stall also gave me a discount and of course, the kopi uncle only needed to see my face to instictively make my order of iced teh si with a hold on the sugar. The others laughingly commented that he only remembers my order because I am his best friend.

It's like the cheers theme:
'A place where everyone knows yr name.'

But in this case, after almost a decade with my present company, they still call me Ah Mui and think I'm a spring chicken.

So yah, I'm grateful for the nice day I had today!