Monday, May 11, 2009

Updates

It’s been a few weeks since we’ve been back at code yellow and as usual, there have been a lot of changes in the ward. Firstly, Snoopy’s on a hiatus to rejuvenate at home. I hope that she recovers soon. We miss her!

Secondly, Mokie’s happily gallivanting in Taipei. Heard she’s having a blast there. Chewie also just came back from her vacation over in Taipei and HK. So lucky right?!

I do hope we get to go too. I do miss my Calbee.

Thirdly, our ward is flooded with staff as we absorb the staff strength of a ward that has been closed for renovations. With the growing mix of personalities and an explosion of staff to jostle with Night Shifts (which basically mean more money with the added allowances the shift brings) and physical space in the cramp, tiny nursing counter.

Many staff has been made to take “voluntary” annual leave as my ward supervisors scramble to balance staff rosters. And we’ve got news that our ward may close down earlier then expected and move up to occupy the renovated ward our deployed staff originates.

WHY?!

Lastly, my fever has raged on for almost a week, with temperature plateaus occasionally. Being warded is not an option I’m looking forward too.

PS - It's national scrapbooking month! The good Lord knows Stick Insect and I are battling demons in the quest to not buy too much stuff. Hohoho.