Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Obsessive Compulsive Behavior

Ohh... How I do luuuuuuuuurve scrapbooking! *can you tell?!*

I'm mindlessly attracted to printed paper filled with delicious colours, accents, glitter (yay!), brads (woohoo!), lace, stickers, borders, chipboards, 3D prints etc! Be it made of plastic, metal, felt, paper, I Luuuuurve them ALL!

And when I start, I get possessed!

If I die, I'd want people to stick all these on my gravestone. Make it groovy!

After starting off with a single kit, my collection has mushroomed into a modest box of treasures (and a fridge door gallery..heehee). The scary thing is, I'm already allocating a fraction of my upcoming bonus to purchase more stuff.

As Homer Simpson would say... DOPE!

I think it's so great to personalize and add such pizzazz to pictures. And because the paper and add-ons don't fade, the memories will remain vibrant for a looong time. And these transformations aren't exclusive to pictures, you can alter boxes, keepsakes, music boxes, cards... well, the list is only limited by your imagination!

I'm hypothesizing Gollum's ring must have been embellished! No wonder he was obsessed with getting it back!

Just look at what my fave brand has to offer..




From the Sassafras Lass Collections! -loves-

I'm shivering with excitement. Stick Insect, can buy me these not?!!
And of course, there are many more stuff available for scrapbooking...

The card stock is by October Afternoon! Love the apple and the tree! And the felt lace has dragonflies and butterflies! Can you see?! Can you see (jumps with excitement)?! Can you..huh?! Can you?!! *ecstatic*


Aren't these enemal brads just soooo cute?! Chio ah! *salivates*

The kit that ignited the passionOBSESSION
*eyes aflame and rubs hands with glee*

You can easily kick start your addiction by simple kits. This range is by American Traditional and these mini kits are really wonderful as gifts or keepsakes.

The best part is that it's only $9.90 and fully loaded with most of the stuff you'd need. And the pages are thicker then normal 12x12 paper so it doesn't crinkle or tear easily. It comes in a variety of themes, ranging from recipes, birthdays, babies, travel and wedding.

You can check out Made With Love at Plaza Singapura, as it stocks a good range of products. But personally, I find the shop hard to navigate (aka sensory overload). But they're still THE place to go to learn and grab quirky scrapbook stuff.

You can also try a little store in International Plaza (level 2) called Cards and Scraps. Or maybe even an online store called www.scrapoholics.com.sg.

Just be sure to have a tight reign on your wallet. If you find yourself willing to sell off a kidney or playing with the idea of trading sexual services in return for scrapbook stuff, GET OUT IMMEDIATELY.

You have been warned!