Friday, February 01, 2008

Of Up(dates) & Downs

Wednesday was a busy day, that in the end, stretched longer then an average working day. Little wonder why I’m down with a temp at the moment. And on my sacred AL week to boot!


Kristabel, I'm sorry i couldn't make it today.
Leaving the house looking like a hobo is so unglam. And you know what a glamor mama I am. Hohoho... What rubbish! It just isn't safe for me to roam the street intoxicated by a piriton, anarax and zyrtec cocktail.


Nonetheless, I have get-this… 23 days of PAID LEAVE this year. And that’s not inclusive of the public holidays and off days.

Yeah, I’m totally bragging. Heeheeheee….

For starters, I met up with Asyik to catch some movies. He looked the same, except for more hair (on the head, hold the reigns on your imagination).
Initially, we had planned for it to be a larger party (besides the both of us) and at a different locale (read : M’sia), cause we thought a change of environment would inject some freshness in our monotonous city life.

We wound up in Orchard. Of all places. *slaps forehead*

We began the morning by watching Le Grand Chef at PS. I so love the movie!! Do I need to emphasize how good looking the male protoganist is?! It's such a heartwarming tale, peppered with lovely side plots, beautiful backgrounds and people that weave together so wonderfully.


And yes sir..! I’m in the midst of a Korean phase. I NEED to visit Korea. I need to see if all the people have skins like the actors. And perhaps scratch their eyeballs out of their smooth, glowing skin, consumed with wild jealous rage.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. No lah, I’m just kidding.

After which, we ran down to Cineleisure to catch The House. I am such a Horror Flick fanatic. I felt the storyline was a little dated and confusing. Even the graphics were poorly made. However, the lead actress looks uncannily like an NYP classmate. You have to see to believe. On the whole, I wouldn't recommend the show.


Also, we were accompanied by irritating specimens that laughed when nothing was funny and oooo-ed and ahhh-ed throughout the movie. I was so ready to pull their hair from the roots. And let's just say the hair would not be public. I swear I had to meditate through the movie so just I could leave without being handcuffed by armored policemen, yanking me away with my hands still tangled up in the turfs.


Imagination overdrive: Yanks Yanks Yanks. Stop.

We also had lunch at some steakhouse over at Cineleisure. I didn’t feel like eating beef after watching Le Grand Chef – you’ll understand what I mean if you’d seen the movie. The food was ok, nothing spectacular though. Set lunch with a main course, soup and drink was only $7.90.

Next, we met up with Kristabel and headed to Chinatown to meet up with Chin Fang and Leni. It was good to meet all of them after so long. There was so much overdue catching up to do.


Leni remains her normal waif self. Chin Fang looked happy, updating us regarding her new job at the Subcourt and of all the eye candy available there. We thronged the streets of Chinatown, munching on fresh Bak Kuah from Bee Cheng Hiang.

Absorbing the festive sights, sounds and smells.

Finally winding down only at Food Street for dinner. We had so much, the entire table was overflowing with plates of food. From cereal prawns to sambal stingray, Da Dong’s Har Gow, sambal kang kong and sotong combo, and washing it all down with the famous mango and pomelo iced dessert. Little else tops good food with great company!

I must include pictures of my binge fests next time!


Oh yeah, after dinner we also went to explore Pearl Centre. Asyik even brought us to Dirty Old Men central (read : Yangtze Cinema). It was such an eye opener. I was expecting to bump into Mokie there.. You know how frequently she visits Yangtze!! No lah... *pats kind and beautiful Mokie*. Continue to feed me ok?!


The men there looked more sex crazed then roaches in heat. Disgusting.


***************************************


Today, we’re also saying goodbye to Ross’s best friend who passed away peacefully the day before. I’ve not seen Ross this sad for a long time.

You may have seen it on the news a couple of days before. The world knew him as a Malaysian composer. Ross knew him as his best friend. It IS a friendship that spanned more than 20 years. Loloq is survived by his wife and children.

Rest in peace my friend.




True friendship transcends borders, changing the course of our lives in unimaginable ways. I've met mine. I hope you meet yours too.