Thursday, February 21, 2008

If pictures say a thousand words, then please allow these to take you down a journey...

I hate this day.

They said we needed the space. They said we need a new building.
We had to evolve. We had to keep up with the times.

First, they took away our green uniforms. Now, they're taking away another thing so dear to me. My fave haunt - Housemen Canteen. They have taken everything they can. I don't understand how we can erase a part of our lives so easily.

This date marks the official demise of Housemen Canteen.

You will be loved...


They tried to cover up my pain with colorful drawings. Thinking perhaps a pretty shell could hide the horifics that would follow. All they managed to do was cause more heartache.



This same quaint building, with it's distinct arched roof and tinted windows; Crammed with a mashup of people from all walks of life.

It didn't matter if you were the CEO or the average Joe. You still had to queue for your food, use the same types of chairs, eat off the same plates. Every man was equal here. That was the beauty of being in Housemen.

I have walked through these same doors numerous times. Drawn like a moth to a flame, by the likes of good food and cheap prices. This place has been feeding me from the start of my nursing career - an essential nutrient for my nursing life.
I've even bumped into many old friends here, exchanging gossips, drooled over crushes and eye candy.



Forgive Kristabel in the picture. She just wants the attention. Wahahaa...



The sights of my fave drinks stall; with my greatest fling, iced milo in the distance. Oh, how much i adore that beautiful molten liquid love!!


And how can I leave out the mixed rice stall.

Some believe that if you eat someone's food long enough, you'll end up looking like them. Like when you get adopted, you end up looking like your adpoted parents. So i'm betting i resemble the owners of this stall cause I eat their food every so often.

Although Kristabel insists i'm flirting with the uncle. She's just jealous he LOVES me.

Check out the stuff they sell - Pure home-styled finger licking goodness. I'm salivating already.


I'm not the only one feeling the loss of a part of the hospital's history.

Many people have left their mark, doodling their feelings on the walls, sharing their relationship with this little nondescipt little building.

Messages left for a friend. A last goodbye.







I couldn't resist leaving my mark either.