Tuesday, December 18, 2007



EYE ON YOU

I bet half of Asia tuned in to watch the first ever ASIAN IDOL over the weekend. Likewise, I succumbed to peer pressure and plastered my big butt to the couch. Ensured with a good view, I kept my pupils fixed and dilated to the telly.

However, my ears wanted to fold unto itself on several occasions.

Singapore sent in Hady Mirza. The second winner in the Singapore Idol series. What ever happened to his predecessor, Mr I-can’t-remember-his-name/malay guy?!

Hady won though; much to his own surprise and the dismay of millions all over Asia. Truthfully, I thought Jaclyn Victor (Malaysian Idol) had the most powerful voice of the lot. Her soulful rendition of "Gemilang" left me frantically running to Ross for an impromtu translation. She hit all the right notes and belted the song which just magnified the difference in league she was compared to the other performers, but her performance was overflowing with ego-maniacal narcissism, which ultimately swung the votes in favor of the others.

Perhaps a little restraint and humility would have sent the title to her instead.

Mau (Philippine Idol) and Mike (Indonesian Idol) also gave pretty good performances. Their voices were smooth but somewhat lacking in vocal prowess compared to Jaclyn.

As for the others, well, lets just say… those are the types of voices that one can hear in any open-air karaoke lounge or community centre. Passably forgettable.


******************************



F4 + 2’s scheduled for another bash tomorrow. In fact, we have 2 outings planned. Oh! I can’t wait! Mokie’s finally back from her rendezvous in Bangkok. I’ll have to screen her for HIV..!! No lah, that pseudo chaste virgin only rapes men with her eyes (I hope!).


By the way, it's BONUS time for us all. Just in time for all the tempting year end sales and a great excuse to change my oh-so-lagging handphone.


Me to Moto : It's time for us to part babeh. You've served me well these 2 and a half years. It's time for me to move on...