Wednesday, May 23, 2007

HAPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I cried my eyes out the other day, thinking that I just fell short of attaining a merit. Without sleep, and soaked with chemicals (mind you, they were medication, not booze. I was, and still am sick), I went to a nerve wrecking interview with the head honchos of my hospital.

Well, I got invited to apply for the Alice Lee something something scholarship. 7 students from my hospital were invited, but in the end, I only saw 3 (including me) there, and another 2 from KK.

The interview was for a shot at a scholarship to continue my academia in some university in Australia. I heard it would be Sydney U, by far, one of the most prestigious Us there, and worth mucho mucho moolah (but with strings attached, of course). I’ve been told the school grounds look like a Harry Potter set.

But I blew it. Wahahaa… You should have seen how I shook. I could not register their questions and just gave super vague generalities. If that means beating about the bush, then my bush was flattened. Heehehehee.

The Director of Nursing asked me 3 questions and you should have been there to see how i made her eyes pop in disbelief when i answered. Wahahahah. Each other Prof or Asst Prof took turns to ask me 1 question each. One poor Asst Prof had to calm me down, go slow and pour me a drink. I think I freaked him out and he was more afraid of me doing a vasovagal on him. Wahahhaha. Being in a small, enclosed room with 6 pair of beady eyes on you is no joke.

It’s something like a lizard on a wall being stared down by a bunch of exterminators.

And the sickest part of this whole shebang was that I left there feeling overjoyed. No pressure. No expectation. To this day, I still have no idea of why I felt like that anyway.

I went back, farting happily away in the MRT (lame smile).

And so my days progressed.

You know what, today, I got extremely good news!

I’m on the list of DWM holders! Whoopiee…!!! And I’m all smiles.
I see many other friends on the list too... Asyik, Emi, Hoong Eng, Jolene, Sharon, Alex, Moonie...
Congrats to us all!

So I’m not sore about not getting into the aussie U, and I was never sore to begin with! I can apply for NUS direct! Wahahaha… I’m bugging Amanda to go with me. Then we can be classmates! And we’ll probably burn half of NUS or at least the med faculty down with our smokies. It'll be like the 7th lunar month, just all year round! Wahahaha.

And to top it off, I had a great day at work today with my friend Ratny. We had so much fun together, alongside all the happy ah peks and ah mas. Heehehehe.. I also made new friends with the students there, those hardworking fellas from malaysia =)
Spoken in true Martha Stewart style, "it's a good thing"

It’s supposed to be Ross’s birthday, but it seems like mine =) maybe even like Christmas.

Mind you, Ross is very happy with the presents I got him. I got him new glasses and shades for a steal at –I can’t tell you-.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSS! LOoooooooOOOoooOOOVE YA