Wednesday, May 16, 2007

CLOSURE

I've been in nursing for a grand total of 6 years. And what a wonderful ride it has been. Coloring my life with vibrant hues of friendship, quirky characters and adventures some may never get the opportunity to experience.

Each chapter brings forth surges of ambivalence that is really hard to describe.

Mould my destiny Lord.

I completed my PRCP in one piece. I survived the workplace politics, the irritable patients, the endless paperwork, the mind boggling array of tubes, the smells and the bedpans. And I've moved on from the people that have made a difference in my life, the smiles, the hand holding, the tears.

My absence will be short and sweet.

The most important lesson I'm holding on to, can be summed up in :
LIVE ONCE. LIVE WELL. LIVE STRONG.

I'm grateful to have stumbled into nursing. For it showed me death, so I could learn to appreciate life. I call it one of life's little ironies.

I've witnessed how some can cling on to their last breath.
I've seen those crippled with disease.
I've watched miracles happen.
And I've realized how fragile and unexpected life can be.

I'd rather live a life that's worth living.

For now, I'm fueling a passion, with utmost conviction and I've promised myself to not get jaded. I know where I want to go and the type of person I want to be. If wrong turns in life helped led me to this revelation, then I must admit, it's been bloody worth it.

I thank all the people who have crossed paths in my life's journey.

i'm carrying all the memories in my pocket, to accompany me down more roads.