Thursday, November 09, 2006

ATTACHMENT!!

Whoever said my current posting would be super relaxing is invited to eat my shorts. Zul, you have the priviledge of being the first.

Piang eh.

I do nothing but take all the aunties and uncles to the toilet and back again for almost every minute. And if i'm not doing that, i seem to be changing every diaper in that wing.

Sit down? What sit down??? Relax? What relax man???!

Serve medicine? Once.
Read case notes? Twice, although briefly. Say 5-10 seconds?
Then it's off to send the aunties to the loo again.

But that doesn't mean my efforts are in vain. I do enjoy the time spent with the patients. Even the difficult ones.

Plus - today, we got to participate in a KTV session with the ward upstairs. Andy volunteered to sing. And once he started, he never relinquished the power brought about by the microphone.

Like the ring to gollum....

I deduced that he had masses of practice hopping from one ge tai after another during the 7th month hungry ghosts' festival. Either that or he doubles as a KTV hostess(?) EOD. That boy just sang and sang and sang.

Like an energizer bunny singing retro chinese songs.

We would have needed to pry the mic away from his cold dead fingers if they didn't off the tele.

And you should have witnessed his 'turtle dance'. Hohoho. Trust me, i would never be caught dead in a disco with a gyrating Andy. To the extent of even refuting claims that he is my classmate. I should have recorded the his whole concert. It would have brought me millions.

Wahaha... But then again, he was a blardy good sport. And it entertained the elderly and us. Heeheehee.... So cheers to you brother!

Being posted here also gives us the oppprtunity to eat out. Today, chicken, far and i got to have our break together. Even though we nearly had to tear the skin of a certain gender-altering person. But enough of ________.

Chicken and i had bak chor mee - blardy nice! And Fara had her staple 7-11 stuff. I told her that 7-11 should issue her a priviledge card from all the business she gives them. Heehee

I smell like shit at the end of the shift, though i still insist in taking public transport home. Hohoho. I need to save money. And i have no more to spend. And you have to remember, shit fertilizers a great harvest!

I'll be in school tomorrow for the LSCN course. Don't ask me what in the world it stands for. I seriously don't know myself. Don't get me started on why i look so blardy out of place with the people there. Don't ask my why i have to replace the days i am in school for the stupid course on saturdays.

All i know is that, i'm working far, far less (part time) now, but my days seem so much more packed.

It's like i don't even have any breathing space.

gasp.

Gasp.
GASP.

I hibernated for exam info-loading, finished tons of presentation after presentation and meeting after meeting of debate practice. And then attachemnt comes, and stupid case studies. Couple with more debate practice.

Debate. Shit. Debate.

Still have the interschool competition coming up in dec. I'll worry about that after my LSCN and case study/assignment k?


I'd like to order a doppleganger. Now make that 2 please.