Sunday, September 24, 2006


Unfinished Business

"Talk is cheap. So so cheap" Fara's words continue to ring in my ears.

My eyelids flicker, and a stir of emotions rage within. The spark ignites.

And so unfolds the trail of starting something small. Hopefully creating increased awareness and sucking others who will give a damn about the people who are less fortunate then ourselves.

I'm planning to forgo my wedding dinner funds and honeymoon (if i ever get married) and use the money to do volunteer service with my better half. I find no happiness in sharing my special day just sitting there and eating with people whom i haven't spoken to in a long time, in dainty frocks, inch thick makeup and high heeled satin shoes.

I want to spend that money wisely and hopefully, anchor my life with my partner. He has to see me with dirt on my hands, the sea of perspiration running down my back and the goofy smile stretched across my face when i sit back and admire my hard work after a long day.

But that marriage can wait. Now, i have other agendas. Like how to make the most of my current situation and start doing something.

I'm surrounded by caring people.
People who want to make a change.
People who bother about the needs and livelihood of others.
Simple donations are a start, but they are simply insufficient.

And a blaze of ideas are worthless without being put into action.

Frankly, i have no idea how to start anything. And i know precious time is ticking away. With the wasted days, the wasted time, it translates into someone, somewhere, going hungry and wringling in continued pain.

I've decided to start today.

Seriously. And i'm going to super thick skinned and ask everyone i meet to join. So much so, i forsee myself morphing into everyone's worst unwavering insurance agent.

"what the hell is WONG with you??" pun fully intended.

The abovementioned entry is dedicated to a little woman with a terribly big heart, Fara.
Every man's dream woman. Hohoho..