Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I am an ardent fan of American Idol. Believe me. I try to not miss any single episode. Especially in the early part when the auditions are held. I love the drama, the bad singers, the ego fests!

Pure entertainment.

Alas, our own local version seriously sucks. Check out the MTV where the contestants gyrate and try their utmost to sing to Outkast's Hey Ya.

Pure butchery.

I'm amazed the producers even had the cheek to send in that piece of rubbish.
Cinematography - zero marks.
Singing ability - minus zero marks.
Effort - wasn't even evident.
Not even the odd obligatory eye candy. This feels like a video they'd play in hell.

Just to torture you.

I know for a fact that people in Singapore DO have talent. Perhaps, what we lack is an element of confidence. The confidence to promote our own talent. We may blame our asian upbringing. Although the truth is, we can only blame ourselves.

I applaude the new adverts for the upcoming Project Superstar, where they blatantly coerce people to audition - else the next winner will be an arse who sings as though he/she farts.