Thursday, July 13, 2006

I'm smiling today.

I went to school partially stoned from a lack of sleep the night before - you see, i was working in the wards yesterday.

Being thrown in different wards helps (i hope) enable me to be more adaptive to changes. It's not easy to go to a new ward and work your butt off. Different places, different people, different policies. I do try my best to leave a good impression. I don't deny that i work hard =) and that's something i'm proud of.

Alas, my body doesn't seem to be like it was before. I can't seem to juggle my part-time job (10-12hr shifts) like before. I get tired. My body aches. I sleep in lectures. And even if my eyes are open, my brain's on a one way ticket to the twilight zone.

Phooey. Pui Chow Nuah.

I went straight home to catch a few winks after school. It doesn't help that home's an hour journey away. Luckily i had great company for quite a distance of the way today. Had Boon, Zul and Mannequin Man.. and of course, the littlest girl - Fara.

Fara went to visit her sister's workplace in orchard while i scooted back home.

I have to wake up at 4pm to return to school by 6.30pm for debate practice, i ranted on and on....

Home proved too damn comfortable. And the evil TV and tidbit combo just erased precious minutes. Darn Oprah. Darn cable. Darn music. Darn my procrastinating nature. My aching body ordered my fingers to switch off the hypnotizing tv. Blardy hell, they never show anything on TV unless it interferes with my rest.

Fara will be giving me a wake-up call at 4pm, i reassured myself.

I slipped into unconsciousness after setting my alarm.

In the end, i woke up gasping at 5pm. What made me jolt out of sleep was supernatural. Hahaa.. I jumped and prepared to rush to school. Gazing at my phone, 22 missed calls. The little girl thought i had died and the debate would have been history. No - i had to attend. I need the practice.

Debate. Debate. Debate ... echoed in the distance. Late Late Late shouted in my face.

The journey to school was eased by meeting Fara at Somerest, and bumping into Mdm Chye and Daddy Lian near school. Mdm Chye had her usual lovely smile - oh how i do love her! And Daddy Lian, well, he looked pregnant. With triplets - so like me. Heeheehee...

I conked at the debate meeting. For one, i fell from the chair onto my butt. I declared unbashfully i was drunk. Sleep drunkedness that is. And during the debate, my brain shut down and i basically mumbled rubbish.

But Joey was his usual encouraging self. His knowledge - Super awe inspiring. As he explained the intricacies of principles and whatnots, i could only squint my eyes and open my ears. He holds eye contact really long so it kinds of intimidates me. Personally, i feel eye contact's really intimate so i avoid it whenever i can - unless i'm staring. Self esteem defect lah...

He came over multiple times to help get our thoughts together. Damn that boy can talk! Cheers to you brother! And what else would you expect from an ang moh potato?! By the way, on our way home, i finally realised he could speak mandarin when he used a chinese idiom - and translated it literally to prove his point. We instructed him to watch "Hard Gay" on Youtube, so he would understand our weird antics.

Joey enquired if we would be attending the debate on friday. He did it so enthusiastically, he looked like a puppy wagging his tail. How could i refuse?

He was so high today. I think he may be drunk too. Drunkedly high. He laughed and joked non-stop. I reckon he would be getting laid that night. Haha.. just for the record, i'm celibate at the moment ok!

And yes, that ang mo potato's looking mighty Hot Hot Hot =) swoon swoon swoon....