Monday, July 10, 2006

Fara's a pseudo celebrity. A hot cake. An IT girl. Smokin'. Sizzling'. So much so, she's being stalked.

By a girl that used to be surrounded by a whole group of people she called her friends. Now, outcasted by the 'lead', she walks the halls of the school alone. Eats alone. Is alone.

So much for her social support. I guess, trying her best to fit in, she clings to Fara for whatever emo support she can generate. Unfortunately, this desperate act backfires, and she ends up coming across as a stalker to the general public.

And how just do you equate a stalker? Incessant calls? Ever so often smses? I don't know. I'm considered loony when compared to normal folk. Only my class and close circle of friends are conditioned enough to put up with my antics.

All i know is I really pity that girl. Oh yeah, i pity Fara too. Having to wreck her brain to cough up excuses again and again, just to avoid being coerced to accompany that girl to do what she pleases/listen to her drama over and over again. Sometimes enough is enough. I believe Fara has gone beyond what you'd expect from an aquaintance.

She bothered to listen. She stood by her during attachment. But a one sided relationship just won't work out. Neither can a friendship be built on pity.

I can't say that i do like that girl very much, but she is after all an aquaintance and a human being. I can't say i condone her actions that brought her to her current placing. Neither can i say her friends are all that great either.

I always thought friends (or rather those i consider friends), hold you close to their hearts. Offer you a hanky when you start to sniffle, lend you a shoulder when you need it, a hug when words no longer offer any solace, the hard truth when you need a good wake-up call etc.

I thank God for the pillars in my life =)

Her friends have offered her none of these. Maybe she hasn''t done her part for them either.

So, in fact, she faces no loss whatsoever.

It's sad to feel out of place. To be alone, not by choice, but by circumstances. And school can get really tough.

Its like being Fadillah. But her's is a different story. She expects us to wait for her and leave her seats but can't do the same. Worst of all, she doesn't share opportunities for others. Although she still hangs around, her selfishness has clearly divided her from the pack.